Paragon Academy Middle School
Paragon Academy Middle School
Paragon Academy teachers and staff help students achieve success through quality education. Students enjoy an academically challenging curriculum in a safe and secure, small-school environment.
The mission of Paragon Academy is to create a safe, stimulating, and nurturing environment that will help all students become accomplished readers, writers, and problem solvers. The encouragement of our highly skilled faculty and staff and caring parents help to foster in our students a fascination with learning and a desire to become responsible contributing members of society. The following core philosophies have been established to help us attain our goals:
- Success is a continuous process “Failure Is Not An Option”.
- Every person is entitled to a safe, comfortable, nurturing environment conducive to learning.
- Each student has the right to learn and experience individual success.
- All students benefit by exploring cultural and social diversity in our community.
- Students need curriculum and instructional practices that incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
- Paragon Academy of Technology students will remain actively engaged in the learning process as they strive to become responsible, contributing citizens within our community.
- Paragon Academy of Technology students will use the individual success they acquire at our school to reach their educational and career goals.
- Paragon Academy of Technology is hoping to become a community-centered school facility. We hope to engage local colleges and universities in the teaching and learning process. We will invite community organizations into the school to the benefit our students and families including hospitals, businesses, and counseling agencies.
Programs of Study
Here at Paragon, our first goal is to make sure every student is able to experience success. While our students must meet all Florida Standards, we encourage them to explore in their own learning style so they are able to achieve their goals however they are most comfortable. All of our middle school students are required to take Reading (literature) and Language Arts (writing & grammar), Math, Science and Social Studies as part of the core curriculum. As a STEM-focused school, all students will take computer-based classes as well as participate in Science Lab activities.
We also offer high school-level courses as well as small group, pull out tutoring to let your child’s true potential materialize. Not only are we able to target each student’s skill discrepancy in the classroom, we are also able to offer skills reinforcement groups throughout the day. Although we would love to be able to help thousands of students at a time, we pride ourselves on being able to work with children individually and give them the time and attention most other schools are physically unable to give, due to the sheer volume of students in their classrooms.
In addition to our outstanding curriculum materials we have many special programs available. Some of these programs include:
- Extended Learning – We offer after school tutoring for all students throughout the school year. Many programs are free!
- iReady Mathematics and Reading Online Enrichment – iReady instructional programs are available to all students. These programs are designed to help our students become better readers and to excel in math.
- Study Island – Online enrichment in math, reading, and science.
- Sports – Soccer, basketball, flag football, and maybe volleyball this year! Our teams had a great year!