Sunshine Elementary Charter
Sunshine Elementary Charter
Sunshine Elementary Charter School, grades K-5 is located in Hollywood, Florida. Our students receive the highest caliber education an elementary school can provide, in a small-school environment.
Sunshine Elementary Charter School is a cost-free option to district schooling, offering students in grades Kindergarten through fifth grade an educational experience truly unique to most other schools. Our elementary teachers focus their attention on each child in order to meet his or her needs. As a student-centered charter school, our elementary students learn a variety of subjects through interactive lessons, activities, and special projects. Each teacher utilizes the different learning styles of children to offer them a chance to experience learning in a totally new and more satisfying way. Our math and science curriculums offer a hands-on approach to learning, where our students learn through their own experience and experimentation rather than just reading a text book.
The following core philosophies have been established to help us attain our goals:
- Success is a continuous process “Failure Is Not An Option”.
- Every person is entitled to a safe, comfortable, nurturing environment conducive to learning.
- Each student has the right to learn and experience individual success.
- All students benefit by exploring and appreciating cultural and social diversity in our community.
- Students need curriculum and instructional practices that incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
Why Sunshine Elementary Charter?
Our teachers encourage each child’s natural curiosity and present them with opportunities to not only read about the life cycle of a butterfly, but to actually experience it in our butterfly gardens. The elementary team truly works as a family unit, assisting one another in instruction, planning, and all special events. All of our elementary students are exposed to a variety of teaching styles and become familiar with every teacher in the elementary school. Not only does this provide a safer, more nurturing environment where all the teachers know every student no matter what grade level, but it also allows us as a staff to encourage positive behavior and consistency. The collaboration across all grade levels also adds to the students’ sense of stability as well as accountability for behavior and academic achievement.
It’s safe to say there is no other place in the world like Sunshine, and we can’t wait to welcome your child into our happy, nurturing family and watch them grow and learn!
Programs at Sunshine
Our academic programs are state-approved and provide the students a high-quality education. Fully-certified teachers and staff work closely with parents to encourage students to reach their full potential. We are proud of the progress we have made in helping students find success in school. In addition to our outstanding curriculum materials we have many special programs. Some of these programs include:
- Meet the Masters – Meet the Masters is an art history and art appreciation program. Its goal is to introduce children to the world of art. Sunshine teachers introduce many famous artists – their stories and artwork. Students then create works based on what they have learned.
- Extended Learning – We offer after school tutoring for all students throughout the school year. Most tutoring programs are free!
- iReady Mathematics and Reading Online Enrichment – iReady instructional programs are available to all students. These programs are designed to help our students become better readers and to excel in math.
- Study Island – Online enrichment in math, reading, and science.
- Sports – Basketball for our boys and girls in the 4th and 5th grades!
Please contact: us for an appointment to visit our schools. Submitting an application is strongly encouraged since our seats fill very fast! You are welcome to call us if you have any questions.